Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
huangjian123
#1 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 1:16:40 AM(UTC)
huangjian123

Groups: Registered

The Minnesota Twins have reinstated shortstop Jorge Polanco after he served an 80-game suspension for testing positive for a performance-enhancing drug.

Polanco was reinstated Monday before the Twins’ game with the Milwaukee Brewers.

Speaking through the team’s interpreter http://www.seahawksauthorizedshops.com/authentic-rashaad-penny-jersey , Polanco said that the time away from the game ”was very difficult.”

The Twins are hoping that the 24-year-old shortstop builds off his breakout 2017 season. Polanco batted .316 with 10 homers and 42 RBIs over his last 55 games in 2017.

”I’m really glad that I’m back,” he said. ”Looking forward to going out there and playing hard.”

Polanco flied out to left in his first at bat of the 2018 season.

Twins manager Paul Molitor welcomed Polanco back.

”It’s good to see him,” Molitor said. ”He had to pay a price for something that happened. He took it head on, took accountability and did his time, so to speak.”

Molitor had a bit of advice for Polanco.

”Be yourself D.J. Fluker Color Rush Jersey ,” Molitor said. ”Don’t worry about trying to make an extreme impression or whatever it might be that you might try to make up for lost time. Just be the player that we know that you can be. That’ll be plenty good enough.”

To make room for Polanco on the 40-man roster, the Twins designated outfielder Ryan LaMarre for release or assignment.

Mike Babcock was at his daughter’s graduation when he received a text message from a friend about reports of a strained relationship with star center Auston Matthews.

”I’ll find out in the morning,” the Toronto coach replied. ”I’ll meet him. I’ll ask him in the morning.”

As the Maple Leafs cleaned out their lockers Friday in the wake of a seven-game loss to the Boston Bruins in the first round of the playoffs, Babcock and Matthews addressed speculation the coach had ”lost” his player during the series.

”I said, `What’s going on?”’ Babcock told reporters of his conversation with Matthews. ”It’s interesting in Toronto Cheap Baker Mayfield Jersey , you (media) do such a good job. You’re everywhere. You’re under the bench, you’re in the crack in the door, you’re in the car, you’re in the parking lot. You’re everywhere, and any time anybody does anything there’s a big story.

”I asked him flat-out Taron Johnson Color Rush Jersey , `Do we have any (issues)?’ He was sitting right there. We don’t seem to.”

Matthews, who had just a goal and an assist against Boston, said talk of friction also was news to him.

”I don’t know what that’s all about,” he said. ”Our relationship’s fine. Obviously, you guys can speculate all you want http://www.patriotsauthorizedshop.com/authentic-jason-mccourty-jersey , but I think it’s pointless.

”Stuff happens, people speculate. I can tell you right now it’s not the case.”

The 20-year-old from Arizona scored 34 goals in regular season despite missing 20 games due to injury, but admitted to being frustrated in the Bruins series following a Game 7 where Toronto blew a 4-3 lead in the third period before losing 7-4.

”Auston’s a young man trying to be the best player in the world,” Babcock said. ”The hardest part in life is when you’re disappointed and you thought you maybe could have done more. I know that from me as a coach … it makes you sick, almost. He’s a good young man. We’re lucky to have him. I’m lucky to get to coach him http://www.broncosauthorizedshops.com/authentic-courtland-sutton-jersey , and we continue to grow our product here with him leading the way.”

JackKlark
#2 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 2:55:24 AM(UTC)
JackKlark

Groups: Registered

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply